Monday, September 5, 2011

Indian Taco's...

Today is such a blessing..My kiddos are here and I am cooking one of their favorites..Indian Taco's..Such a simple dish really..I made them cupcakes the other day and needless to say they have eating them all...
Indian Taco's were inspired by an Old family member..Dessie Willingham..She made these for me when I was little..I could not eat a whole one then, but sure try now...I will post the recipe so you all can enjoy a bit of my life..

Recipe...

I small bag of pinto beans soaked overnight, rinse drain and cook in a large stock pot.. I add salt pepper(White Pepper) Garlic and a ham hock....Cook till done....
Then shred a head of lettuce, cut up 2 tomatoes and get them diced pretty good, now 6-8 cups of shredded cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and Fry up 2-5 pounds of Hamburger meat with salt, pepper, and garlic salt as well..Drain off fat.(I use 90/10 hmb.) so there is not much fat..Chop up 1-2 onions..You can make this a Vegetarian meal to..Just omit the Hamburger meat...
Now take some self rising flour(about 6-10 cups) and add water till flour follows fork(kinda Sticky)..Put flour on cutting surface and take a golf-ball sized amount and pus out on cabinet til kinda flat turning to coat with flour..In pan with 2 cups of Oil heated put dough in there and fry till golden brown on both sides...repeat till all are cooked...Next layers...Indian taco shell-beans-hamburger meat-lettuce-tomato's-shredded cheese-sour cream-hot sauce...It's time to Eat..Yum'O...I hope you will enjoy a taste of my home...

I hope you will all enjoy my blogging..It will not all be recipe's, but just a bunch of down to earth Soul Stuff!! Happy Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment